Dr Kate Farrell
BA BDent Sc, MFD, FFD OSOM, FFD OS, D. Dent. Ch Oral Surgery
Dr Kate Farrell Practices in Carlow and Wexford
Dr Kate Farrell graduated with honours in Dental Science from Trinity College Dublin in 2008.
The following two years were spent in the Dublin Dental University Hospital, the first as a JHO and the latter as SHO in Oral Surgery. During this time she obtained her MFD.
She then worked for a further two years as a Registrar in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in St. James’ Hospital Dublin and during this time was awarded an FFD in Oral Surgery/ Oral Medicine.
Dr Kate Farrell returned to the DDUH to complete a three year clinical doctorate in Oral Surgery and graduated with first class honours in 2015. She completed the Fellowship in Oral Surgery and is registered as a specialist with the Irish Dental Council.
She currently works as a Fellow in Maxillofacial Pediatric Surgery in Crumlin Children’s Hospital, in the Royal College of Surgeons Dublin as well as in private practice.
The services Dr. Kate Farrell provides include:
- Surgical and simple extractions
- Exposure of teeth including canines for orthodontic purposes
- Biopsies and excisions of intra-oral lesions
- Assessment of intra-oral lesions/ areas of concern
- TMJ consultations
- Treatment of Odontogenic Cysts
- Bone grafting and socket preservation
- Implant placement -Nobel Biocare and 3i
- Lingual/ labial frenectomies